Anji leave it late to beat Amkar 2-1; 10-man Volga draw with Kazan; Zenit & CSKA play out 1-1 draw
- November 26, 2012
Amkar Perm 1 – Anji Makhachkala 2 (Russian Premier League, November 26, 2012) Amkar had held the lead for two minutes in the first half after unmarked Andrei Semyonov ghosted in at the near post to head in Gianluca Nijholt’s 26th-minute corner. Anji responded immediately as Odil Akhmedov stormed through a gap in the Amkar defense to latch onto Shamil Lakhiyalov’s through ball and score his first goal of the season. A stoppage-time strike from Oleg Shatov gave Anji all three points.
Rubin Kazan 0 – Volga 0 (Russian Premier League, November 26, 2012) Volga’s Alexei Sapogov was given a straight red card after appearing to grab Rubin’s Carlos Eduardo around the throat in a brawl late on.
Zenit 1 – CSKA Moscow 1 (Russian Premier League, November 26, 2012) Zenit defender Renat Yanbayev put the champions ahead early in the second half when his low shot sneaked past CSKA keeper Igor Akinfeyev into the far corner. Swedish midfielder Rasmus Elm equalised from the spot five minutes from time.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi