- Yaya Sanogo dedicates Arsenal goal v Dortmund to “you Gooners!!!”
- Sao Paulo missed 3 penalties in shoot-out v Atletico Nacional: Only keeper Rogerio Ceni scored!
- Arsenal fan wants Arsene Wenger out despite impressive 2-0 win over Dortmund [Video]
- Spooky! ‘Ghost’ spotted running pitchside during Racing v River Plate [Video]
- Arsenal fan Claude post Dortmund win: “Watching Alexis Sanchez is better than sex” [Video]
Cedric’s thunderbolt brings Sporting a point at Nacional; Cardozo hat-trick leads Benfica
Nacional 1 – Sporting Lisbon 1 (Liga Sagres, December 15, 2012) Isael’s low strike fired Nacional ahead in the first half, while a stunning shot from Lisbon right back Cedric Soares brought Sporting a share of the spoils in the second half.
Benfica 4 – Maritimo 1 (Liga Sagres, December 15, 2012) Benfica received an early scare though, with Brazilian Rodrigo Antonio giving Maritimo a surprise lead after 25 minutes. Paraguayan Oscar Cardozo restored parity on 34 minutes, as both sides went into the break on level terms. The match was changed on 65 minutes when Maritimo defender Valentin Roberge was sent off after receiving a second yellow card. Roberge also gave away a penalty and it was Cardozo who stepped up to take the spot-kick, with the attacker making no mistake. Cardozo sealed his hat-trick three minutes later before a late effort from Spanish substitute Rodrigo made sure of an impressive home win for Benfica.
- Updated: December 15, 2012