Beckham finishes with another title: Gonzalez, Donovan & Keane earn the LA Galaxy the MLS Cup
- December 1, 2012
LA Galaxy 3 – Houston Dynamo 1 (MLS Cup Final, December 1, 2012) The Galaxy should have been 1-up in the 12th minute but Landon Donovan missed a sitter from inside the box. The Dynamo blasted into the lead in the final moments of the first half as Calen Carr raced clear of the Galaxy defence and finished with a fine strike. The Galaxy equalised on the hour when an attack from a corner was eventually nodded home by Omar Gonzalez. The Galaxy won a penalty in the 64th minute, and Landon Donovan stepped up to convert from the spot to turn the match around. Deep into injury time Robbie Keane won a penalty for LA, and the Irishman got up to dispatch the spot-kick and seal the MLS champions title.
Post match interview: David Beckham.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...