Beckham finishes with another title: Gonzalez, Donovan & Keane earn the LA Galaxy the MLS Cup
- December 1, 2012
LA Galaxy 3 – Houston Dynamo 1 (MLS Cup Final, December 1, 2012) The Galaxy should have been 1-up in the 12th minute but Landon Donovan missed a sitter from inside the box. The Dynamo blasted into the lead in the final moments of the first half as Calen Carr raced clear of the Galaxy defence and finished with a fine strike. The Galaxy equalised on the hour when an attack from a corner was eventually nodded home by Omar Gonzalez. The Galaxy won a penalty in the 64th minute, and Landon Donovan stepped up to convert from the spot to turn the match around. Deep into injury time Robbie Keane won a penalty for LA, and the Irishman got up to dispatch the spot-kick and seal the MLS champions title.
Post match interview: David Beckham.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi