DC United knock the New York Red Bulls out of MLS Cup
- November 8, 2012
New York Red Bulls 0 – DC United 1 (Agg. 1-2) (MLS Eastern Conference semifinals, November 8, 2012) The Red Bulls appeared poised to take the lead in the 69th when they were awarded a penalty in an incident that saw DC United keeper Bill Hamid get sent off, but Kenny Cooper was forced to take a retaken penalty and amazingly DC backup goalie Joe Willis made a crucial save on the second attempt. The Red Bulls had a man-advantage until the 75th when Red Bulls defender Rafa Marquez was ejected after receiving his second yellow card. The match then had a late twist as Nick DeLeon scored in the 88th minute to earn the visitors the win.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi