Man City find that elusive champions performance in 3-0 win over Sunderland
- October 6, 2012
Manchester City 3 – Sunderland 0 (Premier League, October 6, 2012) (Longer highlights, MOTD highlights) Aleksandar Kolarov gave City the lead with a wonderfully-taken trademark free-kick. Pablo Zabaleta had a good chance when put through by Carlos Tevez, but Mignolet stood strong and made the save. Sunderland had a decent chance to draw level at the restart, but Stephen Fletcher’s header was flagged offside, and was saved by Joe Hart in any event. Yaya Toure struck a powerful shot, but it was too central and allowed Mignolet to make the save. Danny Rose made a great goal-line clearance from a Micah Richards header to keep the score at 1-0, but Sergio ‘Kun’ Aguero doubled City’s lead shortly after the break, finishing expertly from a low Kolarov cross. Aguero played Tevez in on goal, but El Apache snatched his shot wide of the post. David Silva went for an audacious chip from outside the box, which struck the crossbar. James Milner rounded off City’s performance of the season with a deflected free-kick.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...