- Big Sam ‘baffled & confused’ by Alex Song’s disallowed goal v Arsenal [Video]
- Steven Gerrard & Bergkamp make Sky’s Premier League XI over Roy Keane/Scholes & Shearer… [Tweets]
- Newcastle’s Jack Colback & Paul Dummett speak post-Everton win as Pardew dodges press [Video]
- Chicharito scores at Real Madrid training, after slick stepover skills from Isco [Video]
- Gooner Bully expects Arsenal to finish in the Top 3 after West Ham win [Video]
Man City find that elusive champions performance in 3-0 win over Sunderland
Manchester City 3 – Sunderland 0 (Premier League, October 6, 2012) (Longer highlights, MOTD highlights) Aleksandar Kolarov gave City the lead with a wonderfully-taken trademark free-kick. Pablo Zabaleta had a good chance when put through by Carlos Tevez, but Mignolet stood strong and made the save. Sunderland had a decent chance to draw level at the restart, but Stephen Fletcher’s header was flagged offside, and was saved by Joe Hart in any event. Yaya Toure struck a powerful shot, but it was too central and allowed Mignolet to make the save. Danny Rose made a great goal-line clearance from a Micah Richards header to keep the score at 1-0, but Sergio ‘Kun’ Aguero doubled City’s lead shortly after the break, finishing expertly from a low Kolarov cross. Aguero played Tevez in on goal, but El Apache snatched his shot wide of the post. David Silva went for an audacious chip from outside the box, which struck the crossbar. James Milner rounded off City’s performance of the season with a deflected free-kick.
- Updated: October 6, 2012