- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Messi magic leads Argentina to 3-0 victory over Uruguay
- October 12, 2012
Argentina 3 – Uruguay 0 (2014 World cup qualifier, October 12, 2012) (Alternative highlights) Leo Messi went on a trademark dribble of his before Di Maria’s cross was gathered by the keeper. Sergio Aguero cut inside before firing a powerful shot just wide. Messi was inches away from opening the scoring after a terrific run. Diego Lugano could count himself lucky to still be on the pitch after a dangerous challenge on the Argentinian goalkeeper. Lionel Messi opened the scoring in the second half latching on to a Di Maria cross come shot. Kun Aguero added a second minutes later finishing a beautiful flowing move. Messi made it three with a clever free kick rolling it under the jumping wall.
Individual highlights: Lionel Messi.