Spectacular og cancels out Babel’s opener in Ajax’s draw with Utrecht; AZ tank at Twente PSV thrash NAC
- October 7, 2012
Ajax 1 – FC Utrecht 1 (Eredivisie, October 7, 2012) Ryan Babel put Ajax 1-up in the 6th minute with a close range finish at the back post. Utrecht drew level through a spectacular OG by Sporkslede (Own Golazo?), who headed above and beyond his own keeper.
FC Twente 3 – AZ Alkmaar 0 (Eredivisie, October 7, 2012) Twente went ahead after 20 minutes when Nacer Chadli volleyed a pass from Edson Braafheid into the net, but the two teams were closely matched — until Alkmaar lost two players in two minutes shortly after halftime. First Adam Maher was shown a red card for a late tackle, then Jozy Altidore got two yellow cards protesting the call. Dusan Tadic scored a penalty 10 minutes later and Luc Castiagnos headed in the third.
PSV 4 – NAC 0 (Eredivisie, October 7, 2012) Jeremain Lens put PSV in front in the 24th minute and Ola Toivonen got a second on the stroke of half-time. Mark van Bommel grabbed number three 11 minutes after the break and Georgino Wijnaldum completed the rout five minutes from time.
FC Groningen 2 – Feyenoord 2 (Eredivisie, October 7, 2012) Bruno Martins Indi scored a 90th-minute leveller to rescue a 2-2 drew for Feyenoord at FC Groningen. Sekou Cisse put the visitors ahead in the ninth minute, but goals from Leandro Bacuna and Virgil van Dijk had Groningen ahead at the break.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...