- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
- Arsenal negotiating with Palermo to lower asking price for £31m-rated Paulo Dybala [Fichajes]
- Manchester United may sit in fourth place but that position flatters them [Graphic]
- Arsenal competing with Man United and Chelsea to sign Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane [Star]
- Flashback Friday! Caller can’t understand why (Finnish) goalkeeper Antti Niemi hasn’t been called up for Scotland
Cagliari heap pressure back on Zeman with 4-2 win in Rome
Roma 2 – Cagliari 4 (Serie A, February 1, 2013) (Alternative Highlights) (Longer Highlights) Radja Nainggolan finished into the roof of the net to give Cagliari the lead. Francesco Totti equalised with a cleaver free-kick, sneaking it in low and hard at the near side. Roma fell behind again through an incredible own golazo by Roma stopper Mauro Goigoechea who dropped the ball into his net like a hot potato after having it under control. Marco Sau made it 3-1 Cagliari with a solid header. Francesco Pisano made it 4-1 as the Roma defence fell apart at the seams. Marquinho grabbed a late consolation for Zeman’s men.
- Updated: February 1, 2013