- FC Barcelona will not renew Qatar sponsorship deal due to terror financing concerns
- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
Torino snatch a point at Napoli; Lazio crash at Catania; Maresca’s golazo not enough as Samp sink to Atalanta; Viola win
Napoli 1 – Torino 1 (Serie A, November 4, 2012) Edinson Cavani launched Napoli on the front foot after just six minutes against Torino. Napoli blew the three points in injury time as a terrible backpass fell straight to Toro forward Gianluca Sansone and the attacker buried the equaliser.
Catania 4 – Lazio 0 (Serie A, November 4, 2012) Lazio fell behind early on against Catania when Alejandro Gomez scored for the hosts. Francesco Lodi extended Catania’s lead from the spot in the 25th, and the Romas were all at sea when Alejandro Gomez blasted the hosts 3-up before the half hour with a back post slide to connect with a left wing cross. Lazio’s miserable day was compounded when Pablo Cezar Barrientos hit a fourth.
Sampdoria 1 – Atalanta 2 (Serie A, November 4, 2012) A header from Giacomo Bonaventura gave Atalanta the lead against Sampdoria. Samp hit back in the second half with one of the goals of the season courtesy of Enzo Maresca’s sensational bicycle-kick. Giuseppe De Luca fired the visitors back in front 15 minutes from time after Samp were carved open by a well-worked attack.
Fiorentina 4 – Cagliari 1 (Serie A, November 4, 2012) Gonzalo Rodriguez gave Fiorentina a 14th minute lead over Cagliari. The visitors levelled up just before the break through Federico Casarini. Stevan Jovetic put the Viola back in fornt early in the second half from a corner, before a brilliant end-to-end counter attack saw Luca Toni make it 3-1 to the hosts. Fiorentina capped their win when Juan Guillermo Cuadrado chipped the keeper in the final minutes.
Pescara 2 – Parma 0 (Serie A, November 4, 2012) Pescara picked up their first win in over a month thanks to Elvis Abbruscato’s first goal of the season and a late strike from Vladimir Weiss.
- Updated: November 4, 2012