Lazio, Parma record regulation home wins; Catania edge Genoa 3-2; Napoli beat Fiorentina
- September 2, 2012
Lazio 3 – Palermo 0 (Serie A, September 2, 2012) Miroslav Klose gave Lazio a halftime lead over Palermo. Antonio Candreva doubled Lazio’s lead after the break, and Miroslav Klose wrapped up the win with a third.
Catania 3 – Genoa 2 (Serie A, September 2, 2012) Francesco Lodi’s late free-kick ensured that Catania beat Genoa 3-2 at the Stadio Angelo Massimino.J uraj Kucka gave the visitors the lead before a double from Gonzalo Bergessio put Catania in front. Bosko Jakovic levelled things up once more, but Lodi netted with six minutes left to seal the win.
Napoli 2 – Fiorentina 1 (Serie A, September 2, 2012) A Borja Valero own goal and Blerim Dzemaili put the home side in control with Stevan Jovetic’s reply coming too late for the Viola.
Cagliari 1 – Atalanta 1 (Serie A, September 2, 2012) The visitors overcame the first-half dismissal of Federico Peluso to take the lead through German Denis nine minutes from time. However, substitute Albin Ekdal snatched a point for Cagliari in the final minute.
Sampdoria 2 – Siena 1 (Serie A, September 2, 2012) Daniele Gastaldello scored the winner 23 minutes from time after Maxi Lopez and Simone Vergassola had traded goals. It was a get-out-of-jail goal for Gastaldello too, as he had earlier given away a penalty which led to Vergassola’s equaliser.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi