Italy win 3rd place play-off aginst Uruguay on penalties following exciting 2-2 draw
- June 30, 2013
Italy 2* – Uruguay 2 (3-2 pens) (Confederations Cup 3rd place play-off, June 30, 2013) Italy took the lead midway through the first half, thanks to a shocker from Muslera who allowed Diamanti’s free-kick to come back in for Davide Astori to grab the finishing touch. Edinson Cavani showed great composure to slide in a Uruguay equaliser into the bottom corner. Against the run of play Alessandro Diamanti curled in a beauty of a free kick to restore Italy’s lead. Edinson Cavani replicated Diamanti’s goal, scoring a fantastic free kick of his own.
Uruguay: Muslera; Caceres, Godin, Lugano, Maxi Pereira; Cristian Rodriguez, Gargano, Arevalo Rios; Forlan; Suarez, Cavani.
Italy: Buffon; Maggio, Chiellini, Astori, De Sciglio; Candreva, De Rossi, Montolivo; Diamanti; El Shaarawy, Gilardino.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...