Italy win 3rd place play-off aginst Uruguay on penalties following exciting 2-2 draw
- June 30, 2013
Italy 2* – Uruguay 2 (3-2 pens) (Confederations Cup 3rd place play-off, June 30, 2013) Italy took the lead midway through the first half, thanks to a shocker from Muslera who allowed Diamanti’s free-kick to come back in for Davide Astori to grab the finishing touch. Edinson Cavani showed great composure to slide in a Uruguay equaliser into the bottom corner. Against the run of play Alessandro Diamanti curled in a beauty of a free kick to restore Italy’s lead. Edinson Cavani replicated Diamanti’s goal, scoring a fantastic free kick of his own.
Uruguay: Muslera; Caceres, Godin, Lugano, Maxi Pereira; Cristian Rodriguez, Gargano, Arevalo Rios; Forlan; Suarez, Cavani.
Italy: Buffon; Maggio, Chiellini, Astori, De Sciglio; Candreva, De Rossi, Montolivo; Diamanti; El Shaarawy, Gilardino.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi