- WOW! Samir Handanovic saves 6th (sixth!) consecutive penalty for Inter Milan v Dnipro
- TrollStation take credit for 3 pitch invasions during Spurs-Partizan 1st half
- The best jokes as 3 pitch invaders halt Spurs v Partizan
- 3 pitch invaders at Spurs v Partizan were advertising BassBuds headphones
- Pitch invader at Spurs-Partizan takes Selfies with Naughton & Vertonghen [Fan footage]
Italy win 3rd place play-off aginst Uruguay on penalties following exciting 2-2 draw
Italy 2* – Uruguay 2 (3-2 pens) (Confederations Cup 3rd place play-off, June 30, 2013) Italy took the lead midway through the first half, thanks to a shocker from Muslera who allowed Diamanti’s free-kick to come back in for Davide Astori to grab the finishing touch. Edinson Cavani showed great composure to slide in a Uruguay equaliser into the bottom corner. Against the run of play Alessandro Diamanti curled in a beauty of a free kick to restore Italy’s lead. Edinson Cavani replicated Diamanti’s goal, scoring a fantastic free kick of his own.
Uruguay: Muslera; Caceres, Godin, Lugano, Maxi Pereira; Cristian Rodriguez, Gargano, Arevalo Rios; Forlan; Suarez, Cavani.
Italy: Buffon; Maggio, Chiellini, Astori, De Sciglio; Candreva, De Rossi, Montolivo; Diamanti; El Shaarawy, Gilardino.
- Updated: June 30, 2013