- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Italy win 3rd place play-off aginst Uruguay on penalties following exciting 2-2 draw
- June 30, 2013
Italy 2* – Uruguay 2 (3-2 pens) (Confederations Cup 3rd place play-off, June 30, 2013) Italy took the lead midway through the first half, thanks to a shocker from Muslera who allowed Diamanti’s free-kick to come back in for Davide Astori to grab the finishing touch. Edinson Cavani showed great composure to slide in a Uruguay equaliser into the bottom corner. Against the run of play Alessandro Diamanti curled in a beauty of a free kick to restore Italy’s lead. Edinson Cavani replicated Diamanti’s goal, scoring a fantastic free kick of his own.
Uruguay: Muslera; Caceres, Godin, Lugano, Maxi Pereira; Cristian Rodriguez, Gargano, Arevalo Rios; Forlan; Suarez, Cavani.
Italy: Buffon; Maggio, Chiellini, Astori, De Sciglio; Candreva, De Rossi, Montolivo; Diamanti; El Shaarawy, Gilardino.