- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Italy win 3rd place play-off aginst Uruguay on penalties following exciting 2-2 draw
Italy 2* – Uruguay 2 (3-2 pens) (Confederations Cup 3rd place play-off, June 30, 2013) Italy took the lead midway through the first half, thanks to a shocker from Muslera who allowed Diamanti’s free-kick to come back in for Davide Astori to grab the finishing touch. Edinson Cavani showed great composure to slide in a Uruguay equaliser into the bottom corner. Against the run of play Alessandro Diamanti curled in a beauty of a free kick to restore Italy’s lead. Edinson Cavani replicated Diamanti’s goal, scoring a fantastic free kick of his own.
Uruguay: Muslera; Caceres, Godin, Lugano, Maxi Pereira; Cristian Rodriguez, Gargano, Arevalo Rios; Forlan; Suarez, Cavani.
Italy: Buffon; Maggio, Chiellini, Astori, De Sciglio; Candreva, De Rossi, Montolivo; Diamanti; El Shaarawy, Gilardino.
- Updated: June 30, 2013