Carnage! Italy battle hard to win 4-3 in Confederations Cup thriller with luckless Japan
- June 19, 2013
Japan 3 – Italy 4 (Confederations Cup, June 20, 2013) (Longer highlights.) Japan’s Keisuke Honda scored a penalty in the first half after Buffon was deemed to have brought down an opponent. Shinji Kagawa produced a wonderful left footed finish to give Japan a two goal cushion. Daniele De Rossi pulled one back for Italy, heading home from a corner. Japan’s Atsuto Uchida scored an own goal early in the second half to make it 2-2. Mario Balotelli then scored from the penalty spot to complete the Italian comeback. Shinji Okazaki headed in for Japan to pull them back level. Sebastian Giovinco netted in the 86th minute to break Japan hearts.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi