- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
Golazos from Neymar & Fred lead Brazil to a 4-2 win over Italy
- June 22, 2013
Italy 2 – Brazil 4 (Confederations Cup, June 21, 2013) (Longer highlights.) Neymar missed the target when clean through for Brazil in the first half. Brazil took the lead on the stroke of halftime when Bayern defender Dante (on for the injured Luiz) grabbed his 1st international goal following a free-kick. The Azzuri equalised through Emanuele Giaccherini early in the second half, but Brazil instantly retook the lead through a Neymar free-kick golazo. Brazil went 3-1 up when Fred smashed home a beauty from Marcelo’s long ball forward. Italy pulled a goal back through Giorgio Chiellini from a corner, although the ref did appear to blow for a foul on Balotelli before the goal was registered. Fred made it 4-2 to Brazil after Buffon parried Marcelo’s shot late on.