- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Golazos from Neymar & Fred lead Brazil to a 4-2 win over Italy
Italy 2 – Brazil 4 (Confederations Cup, June 21, 2013) (Longer highlights.) Neymar missed the target when clean through for Brazil in the first half. Brazil took the lead on the stroke of halftime when Bayern defender Dante (on for the injured Luiz) grabbed his 1st international goal following a free-kick. The Azzuri equalised through Emanuele Giaccherini early in the second half, but Brazil instantly retook the lead through a Neymar free-kick golazo. Brazil went 3-1 up when Fred smashed home a beauty from Marcelo’s long ball forward. Italy pulled a goal back through Giorgio Chiellini from a corner, although the ref did appear to blow for a foul on Balotelli before the goal was registered. Fred made it 4-2 to Brazil after Buffon parried Marcelo’s shot late on.
- Updated: June 22, 2013