- Jamie Carragher takes dig at Raheem Sterling on Twitter & berates Liverpool’s recruitment policy
- Fernando Torres describes Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard as the ideal footballer [Video]
- Incredibly wet conditions cause hilarious fail during Montpellier’s clash with Caen [Vine]
- Brendan Rodgers describes Steven Gerrard’s performance v Aston Villa as ‘excellent’ [Video]
- Man United target Memphis Depay uploads video singing with the fans at PSV’s title parade
Fred & Paulinho fire Brazil past Uruguay and into the Confederations Cup final
- June 26, 2013
Brazil 2 – Uruguay 1 (Confederations Cup semi-final, June 26, 2013) (Longer highlights) Uruguay won a penalty when David Luiz dragged down Diego Lugano from a corner, but Julio Cesar saved Diego Forlan’s spot-kick. The Samba Boys broke the deadlock moments before the break as Fred finished after a good piece of work from Neymar. Uruguay equalised early in the second half through Edinson Cavani. Four minutes from time Paulinho headed home Brazil’s winner from a Neymar corner.