- Matthew Etherington tells the “Naked Tony Pulis” story
- Confirmed: Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus out until January with ankle ligament rupture
- The best jokes ripping into Joe Allen’s stupid head bandage for Liverpool v Palace [Pictures]
- Donny van de Beek scores Maradona-esque solo goal for Ajax youth v AZ
- Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford scores classy equaliser for Middlesbrough at Wigan
Fred & Paulinho fire Brazil past Uruguay and into the Confederations Cup final
Brazil 2 – Uruguay 1 (Confederations Cup semi-final, June 26, 2013) (Longer highlights) Uruguay won a penalty when David Luiz dragged down Diego Lugano from a corner, but Julio Cesar saved Diego Forlan’s spot-kick. The Samba Boys broke the deadlock moments before the break as Fred finished after a good piece of work from Neymar. Uruguay equalised early in the second half through Edinson Cavani. Four minutes from time Paulinho headed home Brazil’s winner from a Neymar corner.
- Updated: June 26, 2013