Mexico beat Brazil 2-0 as Dos Santos (golazo) & Chicharito (penalty) get on the scoresheet
- June 3, 2012
Brazil 0 – Mexico 2 (Friendly, June 3, 2012) Brazil should have gone 1-up in the 10th minute when a lovely attack was superbly finished by Leandro Damiao, but the goal was incorrectly chalked off for offside. New Chelsea signing Hulk showed his attacking prowess before flopping in the box as Brazil failed to win a penalty. Mexico took the lead against the run of play in the 21st minute when Giovani Dos Santos chipped a delightful shot (or was it a cross?) into the far top corner. In the 32nd minute Dos Santos won a penalty after a poor Juan tackle in the box, and Javier Hernandez calmly converted the penalty for his 26th El Tri goal in 36 appearances. A flashpoint occurred in the final stages of the match as Severo Meza pushed Neymar on the floor.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi