- Golazo! Oxford United’s James Roberts (18) scores brilliant late winner v Plymouth [GIF]
- Busted! Blackpool’s Jacob Murphy sent this snapchat before their match v Rotherham [Picture]
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic killed a 500 pound moose with his first shot hunting in Sweden [Expressen]
- The best goals of 2014: Valencia CF [Official video]
- Arsenal fans sing “Lukas Podolski we want you to stay” at Upton Park [Video]
Messi puts fiscal worries behind him with hat-trick to overtake Maradona’s record, as Argentina beat Guatemala
Guatemala 0 – Argentina 4 (International Friendly, June 14, 2013) Lionel Messi opened the scoring with a pinged golazo from 20 yards. Augusto Fernandez got the second, before Messi scored from the spot to overtake Diego Maradona’s goals record with his 34th international goal. Messi made it a hat-trick with a simple finish after receiving a perfect square ball from Fernandez. Lionel Messi now shares the second position with Hernan Crespo with 35 goals, behind the record holder Gabriel ‘Batigol’ Batistuta 56).
- Updated: June 15, 2013