- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
- Heads Up! Robbie Keane pings balls at the LA Galaxy buggy driver [Video]
Cameroon crash out of the African Nations Cup to minnows Cape Verde
Cameroon 2 – Cape Verde 1 (Agg. 2-3) (CAN Qualifier, October 14, 2012) Already 2-down in the tie, Cape Verde sensationally went 3-up on Cameroon in just the 12th minute courtesy of a brilliant free-kick from Ronny Souta. Cameroon were back in contention in the 21st when a super series of 1-2 carved through the visitors and Achille Emana applied the finishing touch. Barcelona’s Alex Song went into the ref’s notebook for a rough tackle. 16-year-old Malaga striker Fabrice Ollinga scored in injury time on his international debut for Cameroon, but it was too little too late.
- Updated: October 14, 2012