Brazil win the Superclasico de las Americas on penalties after 2-1 Argentina
- November 22, 2012
Argentina 2 – Brazil 1 (agg 3-3) (Brazil win 4-3 on penalties) (November 21, 2012) (Longer highlights & official pitch level highlights.) Neymar went on a mazy run early on but was unable to find his team-mate in a dangerous position. Neymar squandered the best chance of the first half lobbing it well over the bar from close range. Juan Martinez had a brilliant chance to put Argentina ahead but failed to beat the keeper from close range. Argentina took the lead with 10 minutes remaining thanks to a fine penalty by debutant Ignacio Scocco. It wasn’t long before Fred equalised from close range, scuffing it over the keeper. Ignacio Scocco added a second in stoppage time to send the tie to penalties.
Neymar took the winning penalty as Brazil came out victorious in the penalty shoot-out. Penalties: Argentina 3 – Brazil 4
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi