- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
- Jose Mourinho has an interesting theory to explain why Chelsea receive so much online hate [Video]
- 50% of Real Madrid fans want Gareth Bale to fill in for Marcelo at left-back [MARCA poll]
- David Luiz take note: Marcelo brilliantly blocks a nutmeg at Real Madrid training [Video]
- Christian Benteke gives a very ‘good’ pre-Liverpool interview…[Video]
AFCON: Togo reach the quarters after Tunisia draw; Drogba & Bony rescue Ivory Coast v Algeria
- January 30, 2013
Togo 1 – Tunisia 1 (Africa Cup of Nations, January 30, 2013) Serge Gakpe fired Togo ahead of Tunisia in the 12th minute with a fine low finish from Adebayor’s through ball. Tunisia levelled midway through the first half through a Khaled Mouelhi penalty.
Algeria 2 – Ivory Coast 2 (Africa Cup of Nations, January 30, 2013) Algeria’s awful competition was summed up when Ryad Boudebouz missed a penalty in the 6th minute. Algeria took the lead through a Sofiane Feghouli penalgty in the second half, and the Ivorians fell 2-behind in the 70th minute when El Arabi Soudani headed home a second. The Elephants halved the deficit with a Didier Drogba header, and the match was all square in the 79th minute when Wilfried Bony scored a deflected shot.