Lionel Messi bags sensational hat-trick as Argentina beat Brazil 4-3 in ding-dong friendly
- June 9, 2012
Argentina 4 – Brazil 3 (International Friendly, June 9, 2012) (Longer highlights & Official Dario Pais highlights.) On 23 Brazil went ahead when Romulo was given a scandalous amount of room from a Neymar free-kick. Lionel Messi equalised after a great through ball from Gonzalo Higuain on 31. Three minutes later it was 2-1 as Lionel Messi slotted home after being set free again. On 56 Oscar equalised for Brazil with a clipped finish after a 1-2 with Damiao. A Romero blunder saw Hulk turn in Brazil’s third on 72. The lead lasted just four minutes as Federico Fernandez made it 3-3 with a header from a corner. On 80 Lionel Messi produced a glorious run and stunning finish to complete his hat-trick and put Argentina 4-3 up. In the dying seconds, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Marcelo were sent off.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...