Lionel Messi bags sensational hat-trick as Argentina beat Brazil 4-3 in ding-dong friendly
- June 9, 2012
Argentina 4 – Brazil 3 (International Friendly, June 9, 2012) (Longer highlights & Official Dario Pais highlights.) On 23 Brazil went ahead when Romulo was given a scandalous amount of room from a Neymar free-kick. Lionel Messi equalised after a great through ball from Gonzalo Higuain on 31. Three minutes later it was 2-1 as Lionel Messi slotted home after being set free again. On 56 Oscar equalised for Brazil with a clipped finish after a 1-2 with Damiao. A Romero blunder saw Hulk turn in Brazil’s third on 72. The lead lasted just four minutes as Federico Fernandez made it 3-3 with a header from a corner. On 80 Lionel Messi produced a glorious run and stunning finish to complete his hat-trick and put Argentina 4-3 up. In the dying seconds, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Marcelo were sent off.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi