- Manchester City make Koke (Atletico Madrid) & Paul Pogba (Juve) summer transfer targets [MD]
- Chelsea leading Barça & Man United in race to sign Corinthians’ £20m-rated Malcolm Silva [Express]
- Real Madrid players want to face Chelsea in Champions League to shut Mourinho up [MARCA]
- Everton boss Roberto Martinez: ‘Papiss Cisse’s elbow was unacceptable, he went to hurt Coleman’ [Video]
- Newcastle No2 John Carver: ‘I was eating a pie when Alan Pardew asked me to do press conference’
Lionel Messi bags sensational hat-trick as Argentina beat Brazil 4-3 in ding-dong friendly
Argentina 4 – Brazil 3 (International Friendly, June 9, 2012) (Longer highlights & Official Dario Pais highlights.) On 23 Brazil went ahead when Romulo was given a scandalous amount of room from a Neymar free-kick. Lionel Messi equalised after a great through ball from Gonzalo Higuain on 31. Three minutes later it was 2-1 as Lionel Messi slotted home after being set free again. On 56 Oscar equalised for Brazil with a clipped finish after a 1-2 with Damiao. A Romero blunder saw Hulk turn in Brazil’s third on 72. The lead lasted just four minutes as Federico Fernandez made it 3-3 with a header from a corner. On 80 Lionel Messi produced a glorious run and stunning finish to complete his hat-trick and put Argentina 4-3 up. In the dying seconds, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Marcelo were sent off.
- Updated: June 9, 2012