China put up a Great Wall but eventually Spain score to win 1-0
- June 3, 2012
Spain 1 – China 0 (Friendly, June 3, 2012) China should have taken a shock lead against the Euro and World champions when captain Hao Junmin broke through the Spanish backline, rounded Casillas but failed to shoot his effort into the net. Spain were indebted to keeper Iker Casillas in the 21st minute as the keeper saved a smart shot from the Chinese number 8. While Spain showed off some fine tiki taka in the Chinese half without any end product, at the other end Casillas pulled off another top stop to deny Hao Junmin scoring. La Furia Roja almost broke the deadlock after the break when Andres Iniesta’s stunning touch took out two defenders, but the playmaker could only hit the bar with his follow-up shot. Just when it looked like CHina would hold out for a famous draw, Iniesta unlocked the Asian defence to tee up David Silva for the simple tap in.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...