China put up a Great Wall but eventually Spain score to win 1-0
- June 3, 2012
Spain 1 – China 0 (Friendly, June 3, 2012) China should have taken a shock lead against the Euro and World champions when captain Hao Junmin broke through the Spanish backline, rounded Casillas but failed to shoot his effort into the net. Spain were indebted to keeper Iker Casillas in the 21st minute as the keeper saved a smart shot from the Chinese number 8. While Spain showed off some fine tiki taka in the Chinese half without any end product, at the other end Casillas pulled off another top stop to deny Hao Junmin scoring. La Furia Roja almost broke the deadlock after the break when Andres Iniesta’s stunning touch took out two defenders, but the playmaker could only hit the bar with his follow-up shot. Just when it looked like CHina would hold out for a famous draw, Iniesta unlocked the Asian defence to tee up David Silva for the simple tap in.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...