Ten-man Leverkusen keep winning in Fortuna thriller; Hunt at the double as Werder Bremen beat Mainz
- November 4, 2012
Bayer Leverkusen 3 – Fortuna Dusseldorf 2 (Bundesliga, November 4, 2012) Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam opened the scoring in the 16th minute, only for Nando Rafael to equalise in the 40th. Andre Schuerrle replied immediately after the visiting defense failed to clear Sam’s cross.The game seemed to swing in Fortuna’s favor in the 65th, when Leverkusen captain Simon Rolfes was sent off for a clumsy challenge on Adam Bodzek. But Leverkusen scored again two minutes later, when Daniel Carvajal crossed for Gonzalo Castro to tap into the empty net. Bodzek pulled one back with four minutes remaining to set up a frenetic finale.
Werder Bremen 2 – Mainz 1 (Bundesliga, November 4, 2012) Aaron Hunt bagged both goals for Werder. Adam Szalai, now the top goal scorer in the Bundesliga, had equalised.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi