- Matthew Etherington tells the “Naked Tony Pulis” story
- Confirmed: Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus out until January with ankle ligament rupture
- The best jokes ripping into Joe Allen’s stupid head bandage for Liverpool v Palace [Pictures]
- Donny van de Beek scores Maradona-esque solo goal for Ajax youth v AZ
- Chelsea striker Patrick Bamford scores classy equaliser for Middlesbrough at Wigan
Ten-man Leverkusen keep winning in Fortuna thriller; Hunt at the double as Werder Bremen beat Mainz
Bayer Leverkusen 3 – Fortuna Dusseldorf 2 (Bundesliga, November 4, 2012) Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam opened the scoring in the 16th minute, only for Nando Rafael to equalise in the 40th. Andre Schuerrle replied immediately after the visiting defense failed to clear Sam’s cross.The game seemed to swing in Fortuna’s favor in the 65th, when Leverkusen captain Simon Rolfes was sent off for a clumsy challenge on Adam Bodzek. But Leverkusen scored again two minutes later, when Daniel Carvajal crossed for Gonzalo Castro to tap into the empty net. Bodzek pulled one back with four minutes remaining to set up a frenetic finale.
Werder Bremen 2 – Mainz 1 (Bundesliga, November 4, 2012) Aaron Hunt bagged both goals for Werder. Adam Szalai, now the top goal scorer in the Bundesliga, had equalised.
- Updated: November 4, 2012