Ten-man Leverkusen keep winning in Fortuna thriller; Hunt at the double as Werder Bremen beat Mainz
- November 4, 2012
Bayer Leverkusen 3 – Fortuna Dusseldorf 2 (Bundesliga, November 4, 2012) Leverkusen’s Sidney Sam opened the scoring in the 16th minute, only for Nando Rafael to equalise in the 40th. Andre Schuerrle replied immediately after the visiting defense failed to clear Sam’s cross.The game seemed to swing in Fortuna’s favor in the 65th, when Leverkusen captain Simon Rolfes was sent off for a clumsy challenge on Adam Bodzek. But Leverkusen scored again two minutes later, when Daniel Carvajal crossed for Gonzalo Castro to tap into the empty net. Bodzek pulled one back with four minutes remaining to set up a frenetic finale.
Werder Bremen 2 – Mainz 1 (Bundesliga, November 4, 2012) Aaron Hunt bagged both goals for Werder. Adam Szalai, now the top goal scorer in the Bundesliga, had equalised.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...