- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
- Scenes! Hoardings collapse as PSV fans celebrate Luuk de Jong’s hat trick goal in 4-3 win [Video]
DFB Pokal: Dortmund put 5 past Hannover; Stuttgart, Wolfsburg & Bochum chalk up home wins
Borussia Dortmund 5 – Hannover 1 (DFB Pokal, December 19, 2012) Dortmund got off to a flying start against Hannover as Mario Gotze scoring inside the opening few minutes. Hannover’s progress in the cup looked over in the 19th minute when Jakub Blaszczykowski claimed a second for the hosts. Borussia move d3-up when Mario Gotze rolled home a low free-kick. Mame Biram Diouf put Hannover on the board with 11 minutes to spare, but in the 85th minute Mario Gotze completed his Dortmund hat-trick and their was still time for Robert Lewandowski to notch a fifth.
Stuttgart 2 – Cologne 1 (DFB Pokal, December 19, 2012) Christian Gentner volleyed Stuttgart ahead from a 30th minute corner, and Vedad Ibisevic doubled the advantage against Cologne with a penalty soon after. The visitors set up a nervy finale when Christian Clemens pulled a goal back 10 minutes from time.
Wolfsburg 2 – Bayer Leverkusen 1 (DFB Pokal, December 19, 2012) A disastrous header from Wolfsburg defender Fagner put Bayer ahead in the 31st. Wolsburg rallied in the final 12 minutes as Christian Trasch lashed in a left footed to level, while Bas Dos snatched a win in the 90th.
Bochum 3 – Munich 1860 0 (DFB Pokal, December 19, 2012) Bochum striker Zlatko Dedic tucked home a fine shot against Munich 1860 on the half hour. A quick-fire brace from Marcel Maltritz in the second half sealed Bochum’s win.
- Updated: December 19, 2012