- Thibaut Courtois has achieved a lot in his career since his debut six years ago
- This graphic shows Louis van Gaal’s stunning influence over top level European football
- Louis van Gaal says that both Jose Mourinho and him live to win titles [Video]
- Gent attacker Nicklas Pedersen hit a sensational volley versus Standard Liege [GIF]
- Incredible last ditch defending by Djurgårdens IF defender in Swedish top flight [GIF]
Bayern keep winning at Freiburg; Arango’s golazo leads Glabach; Stuttgart & Bayer win
- November 28, 2012
Freiburg 0 – Bayern Munich 2 (Bundesliga, November 28, 2012) A Thomas Muller penalty put Bayern ahead at Freiburg. The match was sown up in the 78th minute when Anatoliy Tymoshchuk broke through Freiburg’s high line to score simple second.
Monchengladbach 2 – Wolfsburg 0 (Bundesliga, November 28, 2012) Gladback took a sensational lead against Wolfsburg courtesy of an wonderful left-footed volley from Juan Arango. The hosts doubled their lead before the break as Tony Jantschke buried a late first half corner.
Werder Bremen 1 – Bayer Leverkusen 4 (Bundesliga, November 28, 2012) A tidy sidefooted finish from Gonzalo Castro put Bayer 1-up away at Bremen. Castro extended Leverkusen’s lead on 52 minutes, latching onto Lars Bender’s through ball before firing home his second goal of the game. Bremen pulled a goal back two minutes later when Nils Petersen headed in Hunt’s cross from close range. Simon Rolfes restored Leverkusen’s two goal advantage with 16 minutes left and substitute Jens Hegeler added a fourth, set up by Andre Schürrle.
Nurnberg 4 – Hoffenheim 2 (Bundesliga, November 28, 2012) Nurnberg took a 2-1 lead into halftime after goals from Hiroshi Kiyotake and Per Nilsson, while Sven Schipplock scored in between the two for Hoffenheim. Sebastian Polter’s goal in the 69th had Nurnberg up two goals, but a penalty kick from Sejad Salihovic nine minutes from time gave Hoffenheim a chance. However, the opportunity soon evaporated as Kiyotake tallied his second goal of the game five minutes later to put the result to bed.