- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Bayern keep winning at Freiburg; Arango’s golazo leads Glabach; Stuttgart & Bayer win
Freiburg 0 – Bayern Munich 2 (Bundesliga, November 28, 2012) A Thomas Muller penalty put Bayern ahead at Freiburg. The match was sown up in the 78th minute when Anatoliy Tymoshchuk broke through Freiburg’s high line to score simple second.
Monchengladbach 2 – Wolfsburg 0 (Bundesliga, November 28, 2012) Gladback took a sensational lead against Wolfsburg courtesy of an wonderful left-footed volley from Juan Arango. The hosts doubled their lead before the break as Tony Jantschke buried a late first half corner.
Werder Bremen 1 – Bayer Leverkusen 4 (Bundesliga, November 28, 2012) A tidy sidefooted finish from Gonzalo Castro put Bayer 1-up away at Bremen. Castro extended Leverkusen’s lead on 52 minutes, latching onto Lars Bender’s through ball before firing home his second goal of the game. Bremen pulled a goal back two minutes later when Nils Petersen headed in Hunt’s cross from close range. Simon Rolfes restored Leverkusen’s two goal advantage with 16 minutes left and substitute Jens Hegeler added a fourth, set up by Andre Schürrle.
Nurnberg 4 – Hoffenheim 2 (Bundesliga, November 28, 2012) Nurnberg took a 2-1 lead into halftime after goals from Hiroshi Kiyotake and Per Nilsson, while Sven Schipplock scored in between the two for Hoffenheim. Sebastian Polter’s goal in the 69th had Nurnberg up two goals, but a penalty kick from Sejad Salihovic nine minutes from time gave Hoffenheim a chance. However, the opportunity soon evaporated as Kiyotake tallied his second goal of the game five minutes later to put the result to bed.
- Updated: November 28, 2012