DFB Pokal: Bayern win 2-0 at Augsburg; Mainz increase Schalke woes; Freiburg KO Karlsruhe; Kickers Offenbach stun Fortuna
- December 18, 2012
Augsburg 0 – Bayern Munich 2 (DFB Pokal, December 18, 2012) Mario Gomez converted a Franck Ribery cross on 26. Bayern’s progression was in doubt when Franck Ribery was sent off. Xherdan Shaqiri secured the Bayern win late on.
Schalke 1 – Mainz 2 (DFB Pokal, December 18, 2012) Mainz took the lead when Adam Szalai played a great ball into Marco Caligiuri, and he beat Timo Hildebrand to give the visitors a 1-0 lead. Schalke pushed back after halftime, and they found their equaliser in the 75th minute when Klaas-Jan Huntelaar scored. Mainz struck back for the winner just eight minutes later. Jan Kirchhoff sent a long ball into Nicolai Müller, and the forward finished to make it 2-1. Schalke are now seven games without a win.
Karlsruhe 0 – Freiburg 1 (DFB Pokal, December 18, 2012) Freiburg scored the only goal in just the 2nd minute when Jan Rosenthal placed the ball through the Karlsruhe defense for Jonathan Schmid, and the Austrian midfielder then nutmegged the keeper from an incredibly narrow angle.
Kickers Offenbach 2 – Fortuna Düsseldorf 0 (DFB Pokal, December 18, 2012) Mathias Fetsch hit in the rebound after the ball was blasted at goal by Andre Hahn, keeper Fabian Giefer unable to hold onto it. Stefan Vogler added to the fans’ evident joy when Nicolas Wilden fed through a perfectly timed ball for him, placing the ball cleanly to Giefer’s right into the net.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi