Lyon win 2-1 away at Troyes; Montpellier sink Lorient; Bordeaux beat Rennes; Nancy draw 2-2 with Lille
- January 12, 2013
Troyes 1 – Lyon 2 (Ligue 1, January 12, 2013) (Alternative highlights.) A header from Maxime Gonalons gave Lyon the first half lead, while the hosts blew a golden opportunity to level when Corentin Jean skied a shot over the bar from three yards out. Troyes levelled before the break through Benjamin Nivet’s excellent volley. Samuel Umtiti earned Lyon the points with a winner 15 minutes from time.
Montpellier 2 – Lorient 0 (Ligue 1, January 12, 2013) Substitute Gaetan Charbonnier was twice on target in 12 minutes late on to earn champions Montpellier a deserved 2-0 victory over Lorient.
Rennes 0 – Bordeaux 2 (Ligue 1, January 12, 2013) Yoan Gouffran scored his eighth league goal this season to put the visiting Bordeaux ahead in the 57th minute. Henri Saivet powered home a splendid half-volley to double the lead nine minutes later as Bordeaux clinched their first win after five consecutive league draws.
Nancy 2 – Lille 2 (Ligue 1, January 12, 2013) Nolan Roux scored the fastest goal of the season after 21 seconds for 2011 champions Lille, who blew the lead twice to draw 2-2 at basement-side Nancy. Nancy captain Andre Luiz left the pitch in tears in stoppage time after playing his last game in an eight-year spell before he heads back to his homeland Brazil.
Evian 0 – Brest 2 (Ligue 1, January 12, 2013)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi