Coupe de France: Epinal claim a famous penalty win against Lyon; Gignac gets Marseille past Guingamp
- January 6, 2013
Epinal 3 – Lyon 3 (Pens. 4-2) (Coupe de France, January 6, 2013) Epinal, second bottom in the third tier of French football, shocked Lyon in the cup when Tristan Boubaya buried an early header from a corner. The minnows were in dream land in the 14th minute when Tristan Boubaya doubled the lead, but Lyon quickly replied as Bafetimbi Gomis sidefooted home a neat goal. The match was all-square before the break as Gueida Fofana fired Lyon level. Lyon took the lead on the hour through a Lisandro Lopez penalty. The minnows took the match to extra time when Valentin Focki levelled in the 77th.
Marseille 2 – Guingamp 1 (AET) (Coupe de France, January 6, 2013) A terrible error in the Guingamp backline allow Andre-Pierre Gignac to score an easy opener for Marseille, however the visitors snatched a late leveller through forward Christophe Mandanne. In extra time Andre-Pierre Gignac notched his second of the game with a deflected volley.
Chateauroux 2 – Bordeaux 3 (Coupe de France, January 6, 2013) Right back Mariano’s stoppage-time goal earned Girondins Bordeaux a 3-2 victory in a thriller at ten-man second-tier club Chateauroux.
Caen 2 – St Etienne 3 (Coupe de France, January 6, 2013) Caen striker Faycal Fajr converted two penalties but it was not enough as Saint-Etienne recorded a 3-2 victory.
Lens 2 – Rennes 1 (Coupe de France, January 6, 2013)
Metz 2 – Nice 3 (Coupe de France, January 6, 2013)
CA Bastia 2 – Bastia 0 (Coupe de France, January 6, 2013)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi