Leaders Lyon win at St Etienne; Bordeaux draw at Reims; Marseille get battered by Lorient
- December 9, 2012
St. Etienne 0 – Lyon 1 (Ligue 1, December 9, 2012) Ligue 1 leaders Lyon defied Mouhamadou Dabo’s 55th-minute dismissal as Michel Bastos smashed in a 25-yard free-kick before St Etienne’s night completely fell apart with the dismissal of substitute Alejandro Alonso.
Reims 0 – Bordeaux 0 (Ligue 1, December 9, 2012) Bordeaux missed the opportunity to move into fourth in Ligue 1, as they were held to a 0-0 draw at struggling Reims.
Marseille 0 – Lorient 3 (Ligue 1, December 9, 2012) The Stade Velodrome was enveloped in gloom as goals from Jeremie Aliadiere, Benjamin Corgnet and Kevin Monnet-Paquet condemned the Mediterranean club to defeat. Marseille were hampered by the 38th-minute dismissal of Charles Kabore for the foul that led to Aliadiere opening the scoring from the penalty spot, but even before that turning point the hosts had hardly appeared poised to take the game to a team with just one win in nine prior to kick-off.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...