Leaders Lyon win at St Etienne; Bordeaux draw at Reims; Marseille get battered by Lorient
- December 9, 2012
St. Etienne 0 – Lyon 1 (Ligue 1, December 9, 2012) Ligue 1 leaders Lyon defied Mouhamadou Dabo’s 55th-minute dismissal as Michel Bastos smashed in a 25-yard free-kick before St Etienne’s night completely fell apart with the dismissal of substitute Alejandro Alonso.
Reims 0 – Bordeaux 0 (Ligue 1, December 9, 2012) Bordeaux missed the opportunity to move into fourth in Ligue 1, as they were held to a 0-0 draw at struggling Reims.
Marseille 0 – Lorient 3 (Ligue 1, December 9, 2012) The Stade Velodrome was enveloped in gloom as goals from Jeremie Aliadiere, Benjamin Corgnet and Kevin Monnet-Paquet condemned the Mediterranean club to defeat. Marseille were hampered by the 38th-minute dismissal of Charles Kabore for the foul that led to Aliadiere opening the scoring from the penalty spot, but even before that turning point the hosts had hardly appeared poised to take the game to a team with just one win in nine prior to kick-off.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]