- Leo Messi writes tribute for ex Arsenal & Barcelona forward Thierry Henry on Facebook
- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
Barton’s two assists lead Marseille at Brest; Rennes win 3-2 at Troyes; Toulouse lose at Lorient
Brest 1 – Marseille 2 (Ligue 1, December 2, 2012) The visitors eventually broke the deadlock and the goal came in the 34th minute, when Souleymane Diawara latched on to Barton’s delivery and shot home from close range. Then in the 42nd minute Brest equalised much against the run of play, when Charlison Benschop headed home a corner. Marseille regained their lead on 56 minutes when a quick attacking move saw Barton tee up Andre Ayew for an easy finish from close range.
Troyes 2 – Rennes 3 (Ligue 1, December 2, 2012) Benjamin Nivet put the home side ahead after 24 minutes, and Troyes doubled their advantage in the 40th minute when Stephane Darbion headed in. The visitors started the second half brightly as Romain Alessandrini’s stunning free kick brought Rennes back into the match. Julien Feret leveled the score inside the last 10 minutes to give Rennes hope of a win. The resurgent visitors pressed for a winning goal, until Jonathan Pitroipa struck from outside the box to complete a stunning comeback.
Lorient 1 – Toulouse 0 (Ligue 1, December 2, 2012) The only goal of the contest came on the stroke of half time when Benjamin Corgnet rifled the ball into the top corner.
- Updated: December 2, 2012