Barton’s two assists lead Marseille at Brest; Rennes win 3-2 at Troyes; Toulouse lose at Lorient
- December 2, 2012
Brest 1 – Marseille 2 (Ligue 1, December 2, 2012) The visitors eventually broke the deadlock and the goal came in the 34th minute, when Souleymane Diawara latched on to Barton’s delivery and shot home from close range. Then in the 42nd minute Brest equalised much against the run of play, when Charlison Benschop headed home a corner. Marseille regained their lead on 56 minutes when a quick attacking move saw Barton tee up Andre Ayew for an easy finish from close range.
Troyes 2 – Rennes 3 (Ligue 1, December 2, 2012) Benjamin Nivet put the home side ahead after 24 minutes, and Troyes doubled their advantage in the 40th minute when Stephane Darbion headed in. The visitors started the second half brightly as Romain Alessandrini’s stunning free kick brought Rennes back into the match. Julien Feret leveled the score inside the last 10 minutes to give Rennes hope of a win. The resurgent visitors pressed for a winning goal, until Jonathan Pitroipa struck from outside the box to complete a stunning comeback.
Lorient 1 – Toulouse 0 (Ligue 1, December 2, 2012) The only goal of the contest came on the stroke of half time when Benjamin Corgnet rifled the ball into the top corner.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi