Ayew brothers on target as Marseille beats Ajaccio; Lyon batter Bastia 5-2; Bordeaux trip up Toulouse
- November 4, 2012
Ajaccio 0 – Marseille 2 (Ligue 1, November 4, 2012) Marseille continued to threaten after the break and Andre Ayew hit the opener on 55 minutes after being set up well by Charles Kabore. Marseille wrapped up the points as brother Jordan Ayew cashed in with a second.
Lyon 5 – Bastia 2 (Ligue 1, November 4, 2012) Goals from Maxime Gonalons and Alexandre Lacazette gave the home side a two-goal advantage after 26 minutes, but Bastia were back on level terms shortly after. Wahbi Khazri’s precise finish pulled Frederic Hantz’s newly promoted side to within one before Lyon suffered a double blow as Dejan Lovren was dismissed for hauling down Florian Thauvin in the box with the evergreen Jerome Rothen converting the resulting penalty. Bastia then found themselves reduced to 10 men on 55 minutes as Fethi Harek conceded a penalty and collected a second yellow card in the process for a foul on Lacazette. Lisandro Lopez slotted home from the spot to put back Lyon back in front before stoppage-time strikes from Jimmy Briand and Steed Malbranque, the latter another penalty, gave the scoreline a somewhat flattering look.
Bordeaux 1 – Toulouse 0 (Ligue 1, November 4, 2012) Toulouse could have moved to the summit of the table had they beaten Bordeaux by a two-goal margin, but Yoan Gouffran’s 87th-minute strike ensured that Alain Casanova’s side left Stade Chaban Delmas empty-handed.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...