Spain, the greatest ever? La Roja’s retain the European Championship after an awesome assault on the Azzurri
- July 1, 2012
Spain 4 – Italy 0 (Euro 2012 Final, July 1, 2012) (Alternative highlights, more highlights & longer highlights.) La Roja struck first in the 13th minute as David Silva planted home a header from a Fabregas’ pin-point cross. Five minutes from the break Spain doubled their lead as Alba picked up the ball on the pass, passed to Xavi and then turned on the afterburners to breach the Italian defence, and Jordi Alba collected the 1-2 before scoring his 1st goal for his country. The Azzurri had a great chance in the 50th, but Iker Casillas smothered Antonio Di Natale’s point-blank shot. Italy’s match fell apart when Tiago Motta – their 3rd sub – was instantly withdrawn with a snapped hamstring, and seven minutes from time the 10-men fell 3-behind as Fernando Torres found the net. In the 88th minute it was 4-0 as Torres found Juan Mata in the box, and the Chelsea man score with his first contribution throughout the whole of Euro 2012.
Post-match interviews: Cesc Fabregas & Gerard Pique (English).
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...