NextGen Series: Villa and Chelsea to meet in the final after respective extra time semi-final wins
- March 29, 2013
Chelsea 4 – Arsenal 3 AET (NextGen Series, Semi-Final, March 29, 2013) Chuba Akpom gave Arsenal the lead. Islam Feruz scored from a rebounded penalty to equalise for Chelsea. Baker put Chelsea in the lead through a speculative effort. Boga made it 3-1 Chelsea. Akpom brought it back to 2-3 for Arsenal, and the Gunners drew level on 88′ through Gnarby, forcing the game into extra time. Baker won it for Chelsea in four minutes from the end of the second half of extra time.
Aston Villa 3 – Sporting Lisbon 1 AET (NextGen Series, Semi-Final, March 29, 2013) Graham Burke gave Villa the lead from the spot; Sporting equalised moments later through Luka Stojanovic. Jack Grealish and Samir Carruthers won it for Villa in extra time.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...