NextGen Series: Villa and Chelsea to meet in the final after respective extra time semi-final wins
- March 29, 2013
Chelsea 4 – Arsenal 3 AET (NextGen Series, Semi-Final, March 29, 2013) Chuba Akpom gave Arsenal the lead. Islam Feruz scored from a rebounded penalty to equalise for Chelsea. Baker put Chelsea in the lead through a speculative effort. Boga made it 3-1 Chelsea. Akpom brought it back to 2-3 for Arsenal, and the Gunners drew level on 88′ through Gnarby, forcing the game into extra time. Baker won it for Chelsea in four minutes from the end of the second half of extra time.
Aston Villa 3 – Sporting Lisbon 1 AET (NextGen Series, Semi-Final, March 29, 2013) Graham Burke gave Villa the lead from the spot; Sporting equalised moments later through Luka Stojanovic. Jack Grealish and Samir Carruthers won it for Villa in extra time.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi