- Huge Police presence needed to keep Newcastle and Sunderland fans apart before derby [Video]
- Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti commiserated with each and every San Lorenzo player after Final [Video]
- Scarlets RFU player Liam Williams player apologizes for dressing up as Wilfried Bony with blackface
- Gus Poyet post-Newcastle 0 – Sunderland 1: ‘I was going to take Adam Johnson off!’ [Video]
- ‘Absolutely devastated’: Alan Pardew & Steven Taylor post Newcastle 0 – Sunderland 1 [Video]
Genk beat Lokeren 4-3; Standard soar; Panathinaikos win; Fener draw
Lokeren 3 – Genk 4 (Jupiler League, December 2, 2012) Ivank Leko opened the scoring for Lokeren but a hat-trick from Jelle Vossen, the first from the penalty spot, swung the match in Genk’s favour. Benjamin Mokulu Tembe and Koe Persoons struck for Lokeren to square it all up in the second half, but Steven Joseph-Monrose was on hand five minutes from time to score the winner for Genk in a thrilling finish.
Waasland-Beveren 0 – Standard Liege 2 (Jupiler League, December 2, 2012) Imoh Ezekiel converted Michy Batshuayi’s cross on 12 minutes to put Liege ahead and it was not until the 90th minute that William Vainqueur sealed the win for the visitors.
Panionios 1 – Panathinaikos 2 (Greek Super League, December 2, 2012) Pana took control of the game with two goals in the space of five minutes midway through the first half, Antonis Petropoulos and Loukas Vyntra finding the net in quick succession. Markos Dounis got one back for the hosts in the 78th minute but they could not find a leveller.
Kayserispor 1 – Fenerbahce 1 (Super Lig, December 2, 2012) Deivson Bobo set up a desperate last push from Fener with his 84th-minute strike and Dirk Kuyt managed to squeeze in an equaliser one minute from time.
Eskisehirspor 2 – Kasimpasa 2 (Super Lig, December 2, 2012) Kasimpasa were the benefactors of a 2-2 draw at Eskisehirspor as Adem Buyuk’s late equaliser saw the visitors climb to fifth place. Ex-Fulham striker Diomansy Kamara nudged the hosts ahead before Kalu Uche found a way through in the 72nd minute. Eskisehirspor retook the lead seven minutes later through Burhan Eser but fellow substitute Buyuk was there to salvage a point.
- Updated: December 2, 2012