Club Brugge score 6; Gudjohnsen scores in Cercle Brugge win; Fener held; Zurich lose to Luzern; Arsenal end Shakhtar’s streak
- November 17, 2012
Waasland-Beveren 2 – Club Brugge 6 (Jupiler League, November 17, 2012) Carlos Bacca put Brugge in front after 11 minutes and Lior Rafaelov made it 2-0 two minutes later and 3-0 after 34 minutes. Maxime Lestienne, Bacca again and Bjorn Vleminckx scored in the second half as the home side suffered, their late replies from Benoit Ladriere and Wesley Sonck – a penalty – scant consolation.
Cercle Brugge 3 – Genk 1 (Jupiler League, November 17, 2012) Bernt Evens put Cercle ahead after 32 minutes, before Genk brought themselves back on level terms thanks to an Anthony Portier own goal nine minutes later. But the dismissal of Glynor Plet in the 49th minute proved a turning point, and Eidur Gudjohnsen restored Cercle’s lead after 62 minutes before substitute Michael Uchebo scored a third for the home side 16 minutes later.
Eskisehirspor 1 – Fenerbahce 1 (Super Lig, November 17, 2012) Fener were nonetheless left to rue Caner Erkin’s 27th-minute red card. His dismissal left them short and they fell behind in the 50th minute through Necati Ates’ penalty. In the end, though, the Yellow Canaries were able to get away with a point thanks to Mousa Sow’s leveller after 57 minutes.
Zurich 0 – Luzern 2 (Swiss Super League, November 17, 2012)
Arsenal Kyiv 2 – Shakhtar Donetsk 0 (Ukrainian Premier League, November 17, 2012)
Metalurg Donetsk 1 – Dynamo Kiev 0 (Ukrainian Premier League, November 17, 2012)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi