- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
9-man Anderlecht draw 2-2 with Standard Liege; Genk score four against Club Brugge
Anderlecht 2 – Standard Liege 2 (Jupiler League, February 3, 2013) Anderlecht opened in just the 2nd minute through Lucas Biglia but were pegged back 20 minutes later when Michy Batshuayi turned home his 6th goal of the season. RCSA reduced to 10 men when Milan Jovanovic was show a straight red card six minutes before the break. Liege went ahead thanks to a Yoni Buyens strike seven minutes into the second half. Two more dismissals followed, William Vainqueur receiving his marching orders for a second bookable offence on the hour mark, followed by Anderlecht goal-scorer Biglia in the 81st minute, also for two yellow cards. Buyens’ still effort appeared to be enough to hand his side an invaluable three points, before Guillaume Gillet popped up with five minutes to equalise for the nine-man hosts.
Genk 4 – Club Brugge 1 (Jupiler League, February 3, 2013) A Laurens De Bock own-goal in the opening minutes handed Genk an early lead and it was one they did not relinquish, with a Khaleem Hyland penalty just before the hour doubling the home side’s advantage. A bad day for De Bock worsened when the defender was sent off for the foul which led to Hyland’s spot kick. Carlos Bacca gave 10-man Club Brugge hope four minutes from time but late goals from Elianiv Barda and Anthony Limbombe sealed the win for Genk, who move two points clear of Georges Leekens’ side.
- Updated: February 3, 2013