Basel lose a 2-goal lead at Tottenham as Parker misses a sitter
- April 4, 2013
Tottenham 2 – Basel 2 (Europa League quarterfinal 1st leg, April 4, 2013) (Alternative highlights) Valentin Stocker finished off a decisive Basel attack on the half hour as Spurs’ defence were easily prised open. Spurs fell 2-behind five minutes later when Fabian Frei was given the freedom of the box to head home a corner. Spurs got back in the tie in the 40th when Emmanuel Adebayor followed up Parker’s initial shot to half the deficit. Scott Parker somehow managed to miss an open goal from three yards out. Tottenham levelled before the hour when Gylfi Sigurdsson’s deflected shot beat Sommer.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...