Basel lose a 2-goal lead at Tottenham as Parker misses a sitter
- April 4, 2013
Tottenham 2 – Basel 2 (Europa League quarterfinal 1st leg, April 4, 2013) (Alternative highlights) Valentin Stocker finished off a decisive Basel attack on the half hour as Spurs’ defence were easily prised open. Spurs fell 2-behind five minutes later when Fabian Frei was given the freedom of the box to head home a corner. Spurs got back in the tie in the 40th when Emmanuel Adebayor followed up Parker’s initial shot to half the deficit. Scott Parker somehow managed to miss an open goal from three yards out. Tottenham levelled before the hour when Gylfi Sigurdsson’s deflected shot beat Sommer.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi