Spurs Inter the quarter finals through away goals rule after 4-1 loss in Milan
- March 14, 2013
Inter Milan 4 – Tottenham 1 (Europa League, Round of 16, 2nd leg, March 14, 2013) (agg 4*-4) (Alternative highlights) Antonio Cassano headed Inter in front within 20 minutes to reduce the aggregate score to 3-1. Rodrigo Palacio almost scored a second minutes later but he could only strike the crossbar. Rodrigo Palacio scored early in the second half to put Inter within touching distance. William Gallas could only deflect Cassano’s free kick into his own goal to pull Inter level. Samir Handanovic pulled off an impressive save to stop a long range Kyle Naughton strike. Esteban Cambiasso almost clinched it for Inter late on, but his shot went just past the post. Handanovic did well to keep out Jan Vertonghen’s header. Emmanuel Adebayor scored a crucial goal in extra time to give Tottenham the advantage. Rannochia had a brilliant chance in the final moments but headed over.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...