- Manchester City stars (Aguero, Nasri) play FIFA 15, Yaya Toure refuses to pick United! [Video]
- Roma want to take Arsenal’s Lukas Podolski on loan to cover for Gervinho’s AFCON absence [Gazzetta]
- Cristiano Ronaldo (60) outscored Messi (58) in 2014, but Barça man scored more from play than Madrid rival
- Arsenal stars Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshere et al thank followers after reaching 5 million milestone
- Atletico Madrid’s equaliser at Bilbao, scored by Griezmann, was a quality team goal!
Spurs Inter the quarter finals through away goals rule after 4-1 loss in Milan
Inter Milan 4 – Tottenham 1 (Europa League, Round of 16, 2nd leg, March 14, 2013) (agg 4*-4) (Alternative highlights) Antonio Cassano headed Inter in front within 20 minutes to reduce the aggregate score to 3-1. Rodrigo Palacio almost scored a second minutes later but he could only strike the crossbar. Rodrigo Palacio scored early in the second half to put Inter within touching distance. William Gallas could only deflect Cassano’s free kick into his own goal to pull Inter level. Samir Handanovic pulled off an impressive save to stop a long range Kyle Naughton strike. Esteban Cambiasso almost clinched it for Inter late on, but his shot went just past the post. Handanovic did well to keep out Jan Vertonghen’s header. Emmanuel Adebayor scored a crucial goal in extra time to give Tottenham the advantage. Rannochia had a brilliant chance in the final moments but headed over.
- Updated: March 14, 2013