Benfica shake off an early Newcastle gaol to win 3-1
- April 4, 2013
Benfica 3 – Newcastle 1 (Europa League quarterfinal 1st leg, April 4, 2013) (Longer highlights) Newcastle took an 11th minute lead when Papiss Cisse tapped home Sissoko’s cross. Benfica levelled in the 25th when Krul saved Cardozo’s, but Rodrigo scored the rebound. Benfica took the lead midway through the second half when Lima rounded Krul after intercepting Santon’s poor backpass. The Magpies then fell apart further as Oscar Cardozo scored a penalty after Taylor handballed in the box.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi