Falcao’s golazo the highlight as Atletico beat Valencia 4-2
- April 19, 2012
Atletico Madrid 4 – Valencia 2 (Europa League semi-final 1st leg, April 19, 2012) (Longer highlights.) Atletico broke the deadlock in the all-Spanish affair when Radamel Falcao planted home a precision header from a deflected Turan cross. Valencia levelled on the stoke of halftime when Jonas tucked in a corner at the back post. Atletico regained their advantage through Miranda’s header from a Diego set-play, and Valencia were then caught dilly-dallying in middle of the half and Adrian broke three to put Atleti 3-1 up in 54th minute. Atletico placed one foot in the final with a killer fourth goal; Radamel Falcao scoring a solo wonder-goal n which he rounded two defenders before cracking a thunderbolt off under the bar. Deep into injury time Valencia bagged a lifeline as Ricardo Costa powered in a header from a Tino Costa delivery.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi