Wolves survival bid gets 3-2 Brum boost; Forest draw Burnley; Blackpool shoot down Eagles; Barnsley beat Leicester
- April 1, 2013
Birmingham 2 – Wolves 3 (Championship, April 1, 2013) Stephen Hunt opened the scoring inside 20 minutes with a neat close-range finish, while a Sylvan Ebanks-Blake double put the visitors three-up before the break. Wade Elliot netted a second half double for Birmingham, but Wolves held on for a massive three points in their fight for survival.
Burnley 1 – Nottingham Forest 1 (Championship, April 1, 2013) An injury-time penalty from Lewis McGugan extended Nottingham Forest’s unbeaten run to nine games after a 1-1 draw with Burnley.
Blackpool 1 – Crystal Palace 0 (Championship, April 1, 2013) Crystal Palace fell to a shock 1-0 defeat away to 10-man Blackpool following Matt Phillips’ late long-range strike.
Barnsley 2 – Leicester 0 (Championship, April 1, 2013) An own goal from on-loan Manchester United defender Michael Keane and a 40th minute Chris O’Grady goal earned Barnsley the points.
Watch Sepp Blatter quit as FIFA President
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]