- Legend! Puebla’s Cuauhtemoc Blanco (41) scores a free-kick & penalty in a 3-3 draw v Santos [Videos]
- Arsene Wenger post United defeat: We dominated, De Gea was man of the match!
- LVG presser post Arsenal 1 – Man United 2: Credits De Gea, McNair & Blackett
- Happy Basti, Happy Berni! Schweini celebrates Bayern return fighting with club mascot [Vine]
- Different class! John Terry hails Diego Costa on Instagram
The drought is over! Fernando Torres scores 2 as Chelsea KO Leicester 5-2 from the FA Cup
Chelsea 5 – Leicester 2 (FA Cup, March 18, 2012) (Official highlights.) The Pensioners broke the deadlock when a Mata corner was headed home by Gary Cahill (his first Chelsea goal), and the defender celebrated his goal by revealing a t-shirt with “Pray 4 Muamba” written on his jersey. In the 18th minute Chelsea were 2-up as Torres teed up Salomon Kalou to become just the second player (along with Aguero) to have scored in the EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup and Europe this season. The incredible happened in the 67th minute as Fernando Torres (yes, really!) scored his first goal in over 24-hours of football to put Chelsea 3-up. Jermaine Beckford pulled a goal back for the Foxes, however that strike faded into the background as Fernando Torres (!) headed in his second of the game as his drought officially came to an end. Leicester grabbed the goal of the game when Ben Marshall cracked a 30-yarder into the top corner. The late goals kept flowing as Torres teed up Raul Meireles for a fifth.
Individual highlights: Fernando Torres.
- Updated: March 18, 2012