The drought is over! Fernando Torres scores 2 as Chelsea KO Leicester 5-2 from the FA Cup
- March 18, 2012
Chelsea 5 – Leicester 2 (FA Cup, March 18, 2012) (Official highlights.) The Pensioners broke the deadlock when a Mata corner was headed home by Gary Cahill (his first Chelsea goal), and the defender celebrated his goal by revealing a t-shirt with “Pray 4 Muamba” written on his jersey. In the 18th minute Chelsea were 2-up as Torres teed up Salomon Kalou to become just the second player (along with Aguero) to have scored in the EPL, FA Cup, Carling Cup and Europe this season. The incredible happened in the 67th minute as Fernando Torres (yes, really!) scored his first goal in over 24-hours of football to put Chelsea 3-up. Jermaine Beckford pulled a goal back for the Foxes, however that strike faded into the background as Fernando Torres (!) headed in his second of the game as his drought officially came to an end. Leicester grabbed the goal of the game when Ben Marshall cracked a 30-yarder into the top corner. The late goals kept flowing as Torres teed up Raul Meireles for a fifth.
Individual highlights: Fernando Torres.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]