- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
Kone claims Wigan the points after a late winner against Newcastle
Wigan 2 – Newcastle 1 (Premier League, March 17, 2013) (Alternative highlights & MOTD highlights.) Newcastle were 1-down after 17 minutes as Jean Beausejour fired Wigan ahead. The Magpies levelled in the 72nd courtesy of Davide Santon’s low right-footed drive. But Newcastle suffered a ate heartbreak as Aruna Kone forced the ball over the line in injury time following a scramble in the box.
Pictures below the fold.
- Updated: March 17, 2013