- Brendan Rodgers: ‘We were outstanding’ / Wenger: A draw was the fair result’ [Video]
- Supersonic Golazo! Inter’s Mateo Kovacic scores Thunder-bastard volley v Lazio [GIF & Video]
- Arsenal fan says ‘Liverpool fans should be embarrassed by the lack of atmosphere at Anfield’ [Video]
- ‘United In Grief’: Best ever Half-and-Half shirt spotted at Newcastle 0 – Sunderland 1. Respect Sir!
- Liverpool fan Chris deliberately winds up Gooners by calling Alexis Sanchez a waste of money [Video]
Chicharito & RVP bag a brace each as Manchester United hit 4 at Wigan
Wigan 0 – Manchester United 4 (Premier League, January 1, 2012) (Alternative highlights, High quality highlights & MOTD highlights.) Javier Hernandez had a goal disallowed from a lofted Giggs pass early on. United took the lead in the 35th minute when Javier Hernandez slammed home a rebound in the six yard box. The Red Devils took added a significant second just before the break when the ball came to Robin van Persie in the box, the Dutchman beat his man and curled a right-footer in the far corner. The Latics were put to bed in the 64th minute when Javier Hernandez got his second of the game with a clinical strike in the Wigan box after van Persie’s free-kick hit the wall. Man United wrapped up their one-sided win when Robin van Persie scored his second of the game late on from Valencia’s cross.
- Updated: January 1, 2013