- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
First half craziness as Manchester United win 4-3 at Reading
Reading 3 – Manchester United 4 (Premier League, December 1, 2012) (Alternative highlights & MOTD highlights.) United fell behind again in the 8th minute when a cross from McAnuff was only cleared to Hal Robson-Kanu who lashed home the opener. The Red Devils hit back in the 13th minute when Anderson whacked a beauty into Federici’s near post to score a rare goal for United. The Royals fell apart two minutes later when Tabb brought down Evans in the box and Wayne Rooney scored from the spot. But Reading refused to be blown over, and the hosts immediately went up the other end where Adam Le Fondre headed home an 18th minute corner for 2-2. An insane game swung back in Reading’s favour in the 32nd minute when Sean Morrison crashed in a header from a corner. The craziness continued in the 29th minute when Wayne Rooney netted his second of the game after an Evra cut-back from the left. Manchester United moved 4-3 ahead in the 33rd minute when Robin van Persie (offside?) was fed through the middle and the Dutchman finished with aplomb.
Manchester United U18 4 – Southampton U18 2 (Barclays Premier League, December 1, 2012) A couple of braces from James Wilson – who was celebrating his 17th birthday – and Mats Daehli sealed a deserved win at Carrington despite Saints rallying late on.
- Updated: December 1, 2012