Oldham dump Liverpool out the FA Cup in 5-goal thriller
- January 27, 2013
Oldham 3 – Liverpool 2 (FA Cup, January 27, 2013) (Alternative highlights.) Oldham got off to a cracking start as Matthew Smith scored inside the opening five minutes. Liverpool drew level in the 17th minute when Luis Suarez was invited to run on the home defence and, after collecting a rebound, the Reds’ striker drove home. Liverpool were rocked on the stroke of halftime as a terrible error from keeper Jones allowed Matt Smith to score his second of the half. Three minutes after the break Oldham took a commanding lead thanks to a towering header from Reece Wabara. A deflected effort from Joe Allen brought the score back to 3-2.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi