Late Hernandez winner secures dramatic 4-3 Man United win over Newcastle
- December 26, 2012
Manchester United 4 – Newcastle 3 (Premier League, December 26, 2012) (Alternative highlights, Longer highlights, Extended highlights & MOTD highlights.) Newcastle took a shock lead at Old Trafford when a Demba Ba shot was only parried into James Perch’s path and the midfielder buried a rare goal. Jonny Evans pulled United level in the 25th minute scoring from a free-kick after Krul had denied Chicharito. The Magpies immediately retook the lead as Jonny Evans diverted the ball into his own net, although it took the officials a few minutes to award the goal. United equalised before the hour when Perch’s weak defensive header fell to Patrice Evra, and the goalscoring left-back drilled low shot into corner past Krul’s hand. Newcastle retok the lead for an incrediblke 3rd time in the 68th minute when Obertan galloped clear down left, pulled the ball back for Papiss Demba Cisse who lashed home a beauty. A crazy game continued in the 70th minute as a United attack ended with Robin van Persie striking home. And, in injury time, Javier Hernandez won it from a delicious Michael Carrick centre.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...