- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Steven Gerrard is the best player I’ve ever worked with’ [Video]
- Bacary Sagna post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘The fans were magic’ [Video]
- Pellegrini post Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘Including winning penalty, Aguero scored 3 and a half goals! [Video]
- Pep Guardiola post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘One of my proudest nights as a manager’ [Video]
- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
Man U Believe It! Van Persie’s incredible free-kick earns United a 3-2 win at Manchester City
Manchester City 2 – Manchester United 3 (Premier League, December 9, 2012) (High quality highlights, Alternative highlights, Match of the Day highlights & Extended highlights.) Despite barely touching the ball early on, Wayne Rooney made it 1-0 in the 16th minute from an Ashley Young assist. United went 2-up in the 28th minute when an attack built down the right ended when a Rafael cross was tucked home by Wayne Rooney. Just before the hour United had a controversial Ashley Young goal ruled out for a questionable offside, and City raced up the other end to see Yaya Toure drill home a goal that brought the match back alive. With five minutes remaining CIty pulled level through a hard shot from Pablo Zabaleta from a corner. In the second minute of injury time Robin van Persie stunned the Etihad with a brilliant free-kick that curled past Hart for the winner.
- Updated: December 9, 2012