- (Lord) Nicklas Bendtner scores 1st Bundesliga goal for Wolfsburg at Schalke
- RUMOUR: Marseille may be bought by Saudi prince Al Walid, world’s 35th-richest man [L'Equipe]
- Neil Warnock disappointed Crystal Palace didn’t score more v Liverpool!
- Arsenal Alexis Sanchez is burnt out by too much football & too much sex [La Cuarta]
- Joao Moutinho to leave Monaco in January: Man United, Arsenal & Spurs interested [L'Equipe]
Suarez scores a super solo equaliser but Liverpool only draw with 10-man Newcastle
Liverpool 1 – Newcastle 1 (Premier League, November 4, 2012) (Alternative highlights, MOTD highlights.) Luis Suarez narrowly missed with a free-kick in the 19th minute. Steven Gerrard, on his 600th appearance, came close to scoring a wonder goal from behind the half-line. The Magpies took a surprise lead just before the interval when a deep cross from Ben Arfa fell to Yohan Cabaye, and the Frenchman controlled well before hammering a sweet volley into far corner. Liverpool levelled in the 66th when a long punt forward was expertly controlled by Luis Suarez on his chest, and the forward the rounded Krul to score a wonderful goal. Fabricio Coloccini collected his marching orders for a high, late challenge that landed on Suarez’s calf.
- Updated: November 4, 2012