Suarez scores a super solo equaliser but Liverpool only draw with 10-man Newcastle
- November 4, 2012
Liverpool 1 – Newcastle 1 (Premier League, November 4, 2012) (Alternative highlights, MOTD highlights.) Luis Suarez narrowly missed with a free-kick in the 19th minute. Steven Gerrard, on his 600th appearance, came close to scoring a wonder goal from behind the half-line. The Magpies took a surprise lead just before the interval when a deep cross from Ben Arfa fell to Yohan Cabaye, and the Frenchman controlled well before hammering a sweet volley into far corner. Liverpool levelled in the 66th when a long punt forward was expertly controlled by Luis Suarez on his chest, and the forward the rounded Krul to score a wonderful goal. Fabricio Coloccini collected his marching orders for a high, late challenge that landed on Suarez’s calf.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi