Manchester City beat Chelsea again, 5-3 at Yankee Stadium in Rafa Benitez’s final game
- May 25, 2013
Manchester City 5 – Chelsea 3 (Post-season friendly at Yankee Stadium, May 25, 2013) (Alternative highlights.) Gareth Barry put City ahead on 5 minutes after some poor defending from Chelsea. Samir Nasri doubled the City lead, chipping over Hilario. 32 seconds into the second half Ramires pulled one back for Chelsea. James Milner regained the 2-goal advantage with a shot across Cech. Ramires bagged another to reduce the arrears from a Fernando Torres assist. Samir Nasri claimed his second with a fine goal for 4-2. A glorious free-kick from Juan Mata brought Chelsea back to 3-4. Almost immediately it was 5-3 thanks to Edin Dzeko.
Manchester City starting XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Boyata, Kompany, Kolarov, Y. Toure, Barry, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Tevez
Chelsea starting XI: Hilario; Azpilicueta, Christensen, David Luiz, AkeMikel, Loftus-Cheek, Ramires, Oscar, Ba; Torres
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi