- Mario Balotelli set for Liverpool bench as Sampdoria consider a January swoop [Guardian]
- Adriano announces on Twitter that he’s signed for Ligue 2 club Le Havre
- Harry Kane posts Christmas Jumper pic on Instagram as Spurs head to Leicester
- Italian legend Christian Vieri shared a racy Christmas message from a female admirer [Picture]
- Andy Murray bags an Alexis Sanchez Arsenal shirt for Christmas!
Benitez In! Chelsea smack eight (8!) past Aston Villa
Chelsea 8 – Aston Villa 0 (Premier League, December 23, 2012) (Alternative highlights, extended highlights & MOTD highlights.) Fernando Torres got Chelsea off to a flying start scoring an excellent third minute header. Chelsea doubled their lead on the half hour through a tremendous Ronaldo-esque free-kick from David Luiz. The match looked over as a contest when Branislav Ivanovic headed in a third in the 33rd. The Pensioners moved 4-up in the 58th minute when Frank Lampard, on 500th Premier League start. leathered a beauty from 25-yards. Ramires made it 5-0 from a Lucas Piazon assist. And the goal rout continued with Oscar slamming home a penalty for the sixth and Eden Hazard scored the seventh. In the dying minutes, Lucas Piazon saw a penalty saved by Brad Guzan but Ramires did score the eighth for an amazing scoreline.
- Updated: December 23, 2012